Friday, February 13, 2015

Protective Styles-BUN life


5 Easy Bun Styles.


One of my favorite styles is the bun. It's quick, easy, and there's so many different ways you can do them. Buns are also a great low manipulation/protective style to keep your ends tucked away, especially if you're currently experiencing freezing temperatures like me #sadface lol. Below I'll show you 5 of my recent favorites, along with a few tips that I always use when doing this style.



1.
Simple, twisted bun.
2.
Braided high bun.


*Adding small cornrows along her hairline not only helps the style last longer, but also eases tension along her hairline.


3.
Low braided bun w/ clip accessory.


4.
Half  and half. Twisted top knot bun w/braidout



*Using an accessory like a clip or headband is always a nice touch. Half up/half down styles are always super cute too!



5.

Sleek, twisted side bun.


*I rarely use gel when doing buns. To achieve a nice, smooth, finished look I tie a satin scarf around her hair for about 10-15 minutes.



Thank you for taking a look at some of my favorite buns. I hope the tips provided will help if you decide try your version of any these styles. 


Be on the look out for my next post where I will do a "High Bun Pictorial" which includes the general 'step by step process' and products used on all of the buns pictured. :)


Sneak Peak: High Bun
















No comments:

Post a Comment